Seahawks at Packers
- Robert Turbin looked much better this week than last. Looked like he shook the rust off. 10 carries for 50 yards. He is in a battle with Christine Michael for the #2 role behind Lynch. Turbin also has underrated hands 4 catches for 22 yards.
- Christine Michael showed why he was a second round pick. He ran for 97 yards on just 11 carries and had a 43 yard TD run. He was close to breaking a few more. He is the biggest breakaway running threat on this team. He has excellent balance and vision. He is firmly locked in a battle with Turbin for the #2 job in the Seattle backfield.
- Stephen Williams continues to impress with 2 catches for 58 and another touchdown. The Cardinals cast off is going to make this roster and push for playing time. He is looking like a deep threat that also has some YAC ability. Monitor this guy closely. He could be a waiver wire gem
- The Seattle D looked strong in this game. The injuries/ suspensions to the pass rushers is concerning in the short term, but overall they are a top 5 fantasy defense.
- Eddie Lacy did not look as good in this game as he did in the last, but don’t let this scare you off of him. He will be a top 5 rookie producer this year. He is probably the #1 pick in most dynasty formats.
- Jermichael Finley Dropsies continue, but he looks to remain a focal point of the offense. The drops are concerning, but I think you can get him at a relatively low draft position and get near TE1 productivity.
- Jonathan Franklin does not look like he is ready for prime time yet. I think he will need a year of seasoning before he is ready to contribute.
- The corpse of Vince Young has been reanimated and he looked good. I have a strong feeling he will be the backup in QB.
- The Green Bay pass rush did look formidable, but I think they are being overrated in most formats. A solid D but I do not think they are an elite fantasy unit as of now.
- Russell Wilson looked much better this week. Much more efficient. The oline also played better so that helped tremendously.
- Robert Turbin looked a little rusty in his first game back of the year. He was two ankle tackles away from long runs, but still showed good burst north and south. Laterally, Christine Michael is much more sudden. The battle between him and Michael might be a little closer than the coaches admit. Next game will be big for both men.
- Stephen Williams and Jermaine Kearse both made big plays. Both caught touchdown passes, and Kearse returned a kick back for a score. It’s hard to imagine either of these guys being left of the roster. 4th round pick Chris Harper may be in jeopardy of being cut.
- Tarvaris Jackson is looking like the backup QB here. He again played well in relief of Russell Wilson.
- Spencer Ware ran the ball well for Seattle. He had 9 carries for 54 yards. Because he can play FB too, I can see Seattle carrying 5 running backs this year.
- Rookie TE Luke Wilson continues to get playing time as Zach Miller recovers from his foot injury, he is worth monitoring in dynasty leagues.
- Demarius Thomas looks great. Expect him to build on his strong season last year. A WR 1 for certain.
- Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball both had moments where they looked good running the ball. However, both had some bad moments as well. Hillman fumbled on the goal line and Ball missed a block that allowed Manning to get clobbered by a blitzing Bobby Wagner. Both will need to improve to cement significant carries this season. Pass protection for Manning is paramount.
- Wes Welker is going to catch a lot of passes in Denver. I have a feeling it will come at the expense of one of the TE’s and Eric Decker. I still like Decker as a WR3, but I think he is a low wr3 this year.
- TE Julius Thomas continues to get a lot of looks in the passing game. He could be a weapon this year, but there are only so many balls to go around.
- I am not a big believer in the Denver defense this year. I think they will struggle to be a top 15 fantasy defense this year. Losing Von Miller for 6 games doesn’t help either.
Posted in Articles, Denver Broncos, Preseason, Seattle Seahawks
Tagged Broncos, Christine Michael, Julius Thomas, Luke Wilson, Montee Ball, Robert Turbin, Ronnie Hillman, Seahawks