- Colin Kaepernick looked ready to go in this one. Sure he has less than a season’s worth of starts under his belt, but from what I saw in this game, he looks ready for another successful season. The only thing I can see holding him back is a lack of weapons on the outside
- Rookie WR Quinton Patton saw his first playing time of the year and looked like he will be a contributor early this season. With the lack of weapons in the 49ers passing game, he could be a great late round pick or waiver wire gem. High dynasty and keeper value
- Though I have a few reservations about the 49ers’ secondary, they look to be an elite defensive unit again this year. Justin Smith, the key to the defense, looked like a honey badger. He did what he wanted to opposing linemen. They have one of the best front 7’s in the league.
- I am not sure why Kendall Hunter is slipping in most drafts. He is clearly the second best back on this team. He has great vision and acceleration. He can be had late in most drafts or as a waiver wire pick up.
- Former 1st round pick Jonathan Baldwin caught 2 passes for 23 yards. Maybe he catches on here. I don’t believe he can contribute much on special teams, so he will have to win a WR job outright. Little fantasy impact here.
- Christian Ponder hasn’t had the best preseason. That isn’t hard to tell. However, without all-world RB Adrian Peterson in the backfield, it’s hard to get a read on the offense as a whole because he changes defensive schemes that much.
- Rookie Cordarrelle Patterson looks like he will be pretty involved in the offense this year. I would expect his role to grow as the season progresses. Late round / waiver wire flyer on this guy for now. Huge upside in dynasty and keeper leagues.
- Matt Cassel didn’t look very sharp in relief of Ponder. I’m not sure if there is much of a difference between the two Qb’s aside from Ponders upside.
- Toby Gerhart does not excite me as a backup to A.P. He has been productive in the past, but please don’t draft his handcuff too high. His only value is as a handcuff to A.P.and nothing more.