This game was sloppy. Turn over city.
First Unit line play for both teams was very sloppy. Especially in pass protection
- Ladarius Green and Antonio Gates look to figure prominently in the Chargers passing game
- Keenan Allen fumbled a punt, but continues to look like he has a future at WR
- Vincent Brown received some first team reps. Look for him to push for a starting job.
- Brad Sorensen looked good at QB. He looks like he will make the Chargers as a 3rd QB. Not bad for an undrafted FA
- Robert Meachem was playing with the 2’s and 3’s. Only one catch in the game. He has a big contract, but his roster spot looks tenuous
- Brandon Marshall is nasty. He will continue to be a top flight fantasy WR in the new offense.
- Alshon Jeffery was quiet last night, but i am bullish on his ability to be a breakout WR this year. Sleeper.
- Matt Forte looked good last night. showed some burst. As always with him, he needs to stay healthy. If he does that, he can put up RB1 type numbers.
- Jay Culter looks wild. Not sure what to think about this, because his pass protection was god awful. With all the changes made to the Bears line this year, these issues are concerning. Preseason game 3 is very important to get a read on him.
- Christine Michael RB Seattle looked very good. Had nice moves and showed good burst. However, he is still behind Lynch and Turbin.
- Tarvaris Jackson QB Seattle had a great game and could be in line for the #2 job.
- WR Stephan Williams is making a push to be on the 53 man roster with Harvin out. Two catches for 83 yards and a TD. Keep an eye on him.
- Spencer Ware RB/FB Seattle also showed something. Could be in line to take over for FB Mike Robinson in a year or two. Ware contributed as a RB, FB and on special teams.
- Seattle’s secondary is stocked with talent. Teams will be watching this group very carefully for cuts.
- Albeit against the third team, rookie QB Brad Sorensen looked better than Charlie Whitehurst.
- Rookie WR Keenan Allen looks like he will be a player even though he saw limited action.
- Dwight Freeney still has it.
- Ryan Matthews looked good in limited action, but cant he stay healthy? His talent was never really in question.
- Was really hoping to see Vincent Brown play, he could be a quality produces this year with Danario Alexander out.
- Antonio Gates only had one catch but looked more fluid that last year. He looked like he was plodding last year. Can he last the season?
- Ladarius Green looked the part at TE. Played against 2nd and 3rd string but looked smooth and athletic. One to watch especially is Gates doesn’t make it through the season.
Posted in Articles, Preseason, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks
Tagged Antonio Gates, Articles, Chargers, Christine Michael, Ladarius Green, Preseason, Seahawks, Stephen Williams