- Russell Wilson looked much better this week. Much more efficient. The oline also played better so that helped tremendously.
- Robert Turbin looked a little rusty in his first game back of the year. He was two ankle tackles away from long runs, but still showed good burst north and south. Laterally, Christine Michael is much more sudden. The battle between him and Michael might be a little closer than the coaches admit. Next game will be big for both men.
- Stephen Williams and Jermaine Kearse both made big plays. Both caught touchdown passes, and Kearse returned a kick back for a score. It’s hard to imagine either of these guys being left of the roster. 4th round pick Chris Harper may be in jeopardy of being cut.
- Tarvaris Jackson is looking like the backup QB here. He again played well in relief of Russell Wilson.
- Spencer Ware ran the ball well for Seattle. He had 9 carries for 54 yards. Because he can play FB too, I can see Seattle carrying 5 running backs this year.
- Rookie TE Luke Wilson continues to get playing time as Zach Miller recovers from his foot injury, he is worth monitoring in dynasty leagues.
- Demarius Thomas looks great. Expect him to build on his strong season last year. A WR 1 for certain.
- Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball both had moments where they looked good running the ball. However, both had some bad moments as well. Hillman fumbled on the goal line and Ball missed a block that allowed Manning to get clobbered by a blitzing Bobby Wagner. Both will need to improve to cement significant carries this season. Pass protection for Manning is paramount.
- Wes Welker is going to catch a lot of passes in Denver. I have a feeling it will come at the expense of one of the TE’s and Eric Decker. I still like Decker as a WR3, but I think he is a low wr3 this year.
- TE Julius Thomas continues to get a lot of looks in the passing game. He could be a weapon this year, but there are only so many balls to go around.
- I am not a big believer in the Denver defense this year. I think they will struggle to be a top 15 fantasy defense this year. Losing Von Miller for 6 games doesn’t help either.